TEACHER ALBUMS - Children's
House (3-6) - Three Period Lesson
To provide the child with good samples for writing practice.
The prepared cards.
4 1/2 - 5 years onwards
- A box containing laminated cards with samples of writing, which the child can write for himself such as:
- A beautiful saying or line from great literature.
- A rhyme or short poem.
- A riddle with the answer on the back of the card.
- A significant line from a story known to the child.
- Words from a familiar song.
- A homely saying.
- Introduce the material and discuss it.
- The child chooses a card and reads it.
- The child then turns over the card, face down, and writes it on the paper.
- Then turn the card back and with the directress, checks what he wrote.
- If it is not correct, look with the child to see if the two are the same. (Helping the child self evaluate.)
- If it is correct, then he can take a sheet of paper and illustrate the written part.
- Once done, return the material to its spot and he can place the written and illustrated work in his designated shelf.